CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Weekend

This past weekend was FUNTABULOUS!

On Saturday, we all went to the Oklahoma City Zoo. Yes, ALL of us - Pat, me and the two boys Mike and Evan. (Complete shocker that Mike wanted to go!) I will admit that it was entirely too hot and the animals weren't really out and about (except for the swimming bears, which was so awesome to watch), but other than that, it was a good day. Surprisingly, Evan wasn't all that interested in seeing the animals. All he wanted to do was run around (and away from me), open and close doors and gates, pick up trash, and ride the merry-go-round and kiddie train. He was a lot of fun, though, despite being a handful. Mike was just as much fun, but in a different way. You can tell he is really interested in the animals and their habits. I think it would be a lot of fun to go with just him sometime. (Wonder if I can talk him into that???)

The zoo has really changed since we were there last year, and boy, is it for the better. I'll definitely go again this year, but I think I'll wait until sometime in the fall (maybe a football Saturday or something...) when it's not quite so warm. (Okay, so it was blazing hot, but I'm working on not complaining quite so much!)

Sunday was family lawn day...and it was ridiculously hot...until we got sprayed down with the sprinkler by our 3 foot lawn patrol maniac. Evan is all about working in the yard. He LOVES to "lawn mower the grass" and "weedeater the grass" with Daddy. We even tried to go get him this little weedeater from Toys R Us...but would you believe they were sold out? And I mean they were sold out all over the Oklahoma City area. There was not one at any Toys R Us. I think I'll order it.

It was a great weekend!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just found you from Michael's blog! I'm glad you had a good time at the zoo and doing your yard work (hee, hee)
annb

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Did you guys go see the Aquatics show?

Kim said...

We didn't see the show because Evan didn't have any interest in ANYTHING but running around...

Kim said...

I'm glad to see my link has been updated and I'm really glad you dropped by...

I'll have to see if I can keep things interesting enough for you to read!