CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Little Blessings...

I think it's important to realize that some things that happen throughout the day that irritate you or cause you some delay or setback, are often little blessings in disguise.

Take this morning, for example...

Evan gets a real kick out of unlocking the car and starting it. (He does have assistance and supervision, of course, but he doesn't really know that.) This morning, although I was running behind, I let him unlock and start the car. Of course I knew that it was going to add about 7-8 minutes to my morning, but at the time, the pleasure of watching his little face light up was totally worth it.

Anyway, he starts the car and "drives" it (by turning the steering wheel), plays with the radio, all that. When it was time to take him across the street, I got him out of the car and very stealthily (is that a word?) turned off the car and took the keys. I took him to Liz's, chatted for a few minutes and then walked back across the street.

And what happened??? (Drum roll, please.......)

MY CAR WOULDN'T START.

So, I had to wake up another neighbor (my husband was already at work and there was no way he could come "save" me) and ask him to jump my battery. He so very kindly tried...and then discovered that there was no water in the battery. (So guess when I learned about batteries that require maintenance?!?!?!?) Anyway, he took me to get a new battery and installed the new one for me and I was on my way.

My little blessings???

Well, the first one is that if I hadn't let Evan "start" the car the first time, I probably would have driven to work only to discover this problem all the way in Oklahoma City with no one around to help me.

The second blessing was a reminder that we should always treat people kindly - something that I don't always do. Thank the Lord that my neighbor went out of his way to treat me with kindness this morning, even though I may not have deserved it from him.

0 comments: