CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What's Been Up...

Well, football season has begun again. Yea. Woo hoo.

So, let me just say that I do actually like football. Really, I do....

However...(ha - for all those who thought I would say, "But...")

I live in a house divided. I am an OU fan. I am not maniacal, though. My husband is a Nebraska Cornhusker, through and through. He is maniacal. He hates OU. I do not hate Nebraska and actually like them. I pay attention to what they have going on and wish them well. I only wish them to lose when they play OU. Anyway, it gets a little tense in my house on game days. Tense enough that I do not care to watch football at all. That's pretty much what went on on Saturday. I will spare the details.


Sunday was great! We went to "JourneyKids" (as Evan calls it) and it was a great talk. The current series is "There is no "If" in Joy." I would highly recommend checking it out online. You can click the link on the right side of the page and then when you are re-directed, click the link on the Journey site that says, "Watch Current Series."

After church we went home and did some yard work. Evan is always so proud of helping Daddy "lawn mower, weed eater and spreader." This time, though, he spent a bit more time helping Mommy pull some weeds. After all that, Pat and Mikel headed off to softball and Evan and I did a few things around the house and then went out to the ball field to watch. It's always a bit of a challenge to take him out there because he is all over the place and really wants to get out on the field (that's the real trial). He was really good this time...and it was so obvious that is growing up so very quickly.

Mikel started a new job (again) yesterday at Norman Door & Plywood. He's delivering building materials all over (pretty much) the state. Pat has been working on a bathroom tile project that has turned into a bit more (like installing new sub-flooring because the old was rotted out) than he originally thought. Me...well, I'm up to my behind in alligators at work, trying to keep my act together at home and my sanity in tact. It's busy - but good!