CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 17, 2009

However...

I truly believe everything I said in my post yesterday.

HOWEVER, there does come a point in time when time DOES matter and you do have to get a move on!

Case in point: This morning. Evan, although in a pretty good mood, lolligagged around, taking his own sweet time about doing every. single. thing., would get upset when I told him he couldn't do something (whatever it may have been) because Mommy has to leave to go to work, blah, blah, etc., I told him (and this, too, is a fault of mine: thinking that a 3-year-old can rationalize just because he's really intelligent) that I have been trying for a long time to get him to hurry and eat or get dressed or whatever, so he can have some extra time to play with this or that (or whatever it was).

I have no idea if any of that even made sense.

But my point is this: Sometimes you DO have to hurry. This is the real world and time does matter. It's all about how you handle things with people. It's a tightrope balancing act...you don't want to push someone else off, but you can't get pushed off either!

0 comments: